Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Our Exciting Day
Today has been an interesting one. Mike was off, (gets a day off during the week when he works Saturday) and we had some gardening planned. Woke up to a lot of rain on my way to the gym at 6am. Was kind of bummed about it, we are all getting tired of so much rain. By 9:30, the clouds had gone and we were working in the yard as planned. I previously told a friend that I would watch her two boys today while she worked, which was totally fine, because it would help keep Gracie and Madilyn busy while we worked. We transplanted a lot of stuff and started to start leveling this spot in front where we are going to put some flat rock and moss. Well, we came in for lunch, fed the kids outside. After they were done, they came in and started playing with a puzzle on the couch. Gracie and Jake were playing with the wooden board, pulling it back and forth from each other. Madilyn was on the other side of Gracie and when Gracie pulled it out of Jakes hands really hard, it went around and smacked Madi right in between the eyes. I was in the kitchen and didn't see until Madi started screaming and fell on her hands and knees. Mike was on the couch and saw it. I ran over, picked her up and realized where it had hit her. Didn't think it was too big of a deal for a second but then noticed it was swelling quite quickly and profusely. She was screaming terribly loud, her eyes were doing funny things and it freaked me out. So of course I took her in. She cried, and cried, and cried for the whole hour we were in there. She fell asleep the last few minutes, while we talked about options. He said she has a slight concussion, and to watch her closely for other signs. As far as her nose goes, he said to bring her in to an ENT in 4 days after the swelling goes down to check her nose. So, that was fun. Now she's awake and playing outside and having a great time. She seems perfectly fine to me now and is back to her old self. I'm sure her eyes will be black in the morning. LIFE IS NUTS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Isn't it scary how quickly the ordinary every day things can suddenly turn into a major thing that changes your whole day?
OK, so DITO! I haven't called and didn't know you had a blog either!! We're rotten! Your girls are so dang cute and are getting so big! How is your little baby? I'm sure she'll be fine...it's just one more thing to keep life interesting right? I'll call I promise... and until then, I'll spy on your blog to keep up! love you!
Post a Comment