Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our Newest Addition PENNY

~So.... we weren't really looking for a dog....! We did this once a couple of years ago... and she ended up getting sold on KSL.com. Potty training a dog and a 2 year old daughter at the same time was NOT working! It was a love/hate relationship, but the children ended up choosing their mother to stay instead of the dog. Here we are two years later, and a dude at work (the dealership) bought one of these for his mother, and said that there were more. Mike was texting me photos of her and such. I kept replying " 'not only no, but hell no!' and tell whoever has her to go away and leave your office!" Well then he brought her home and said, "We're just watching her for a little while Ryan gets some dinner." The children and I fell in love with her and we went to see her sister the next night. A lady here in Smithfield was selling them. I knew that if we went to look we would probaby get her, but NOT TONIGHT!~






So we get there, look at the two there, but one was already sold.... This one (we named Penny) was the only one that had a little color (tan) on her ears and a pink and black nose. The rest were all black noses. We thought she was still pretty cute! And yes, we brought her home. Mike took the kids to get a bunch of crud at PetSmart..... And she was ours. Her mom is 9 lbs, 1/2 Schnauzer and 1/2 Maltese. Her dad is 4 lbs, Full Malteze. So they think Penny shouldn't get bigger than 7-8 lbs. (Let's hope) We've had her for a week, and I am totally in love with her. The kids are very good at taking her potty outside and in 3 wks, they'll be done with school. YEAH! She has slept all night in her crate from day one and wakes up about 6am to go potty and eat. And I don't have to do that! I agreed to take her if the older girls would agree to take her out in the night or early a.m. I did that with 4 little 'puppies' for 13 years and I won't do it anymore! lol
Posted by Picasa

No comments: